Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bevo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
Hey

I got the quirky cloak...not really liking it.

Looking at going after a yoobao case (v4 or v3?) or the cyber acoustics case. Not sure if the lack of protection on the sides of the CA case is really anything to fret at or not.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I have both the Yoobao magic case and the Yoobao slim leather case as well as the Chinao. Each has its charms and faults. The magic case is excellent in terms of its slimness factor as well as the versatility it offers with the multiple viewing angles. It falters in that the clip that holds the case closed doesn't really do the trick and the corners seem like they are wearing down (the fake leather is peeling back a little). The Yoobao Slim case is also very thin and puts the iPad into landscape and typing angles. It looks great too but its downfall is that it might be a little difficult to get the tab into the slot to achieve those angles at times when you might be in a hurry or if you are a little impatient. The Chinao is very thin and resembles the apple case very much. It also protects all the sides well It is nice looking even though it isn't leather. What I don't like is that the typing angle sags a bit too much for my liking and the landscape angle is a little too upright for my tastes. They are all nice cases but it depends on what your preferences are and what you are willing to trade off with the little slight annoyances that each one brings to the table.
All that being said, I haven't tried the cyber acoustics because I'm not keen on the little elastic thingies. Reviews are mostly favorable though.
Sorry for the rant.

GreggM3

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Atlanta
I have the Cyber Acoustics and love it. Great ease of use and product quality and I love the way it holds the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.