Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frex

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Germany
recently upgraded to Sonoma and played thru Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty on M1 Pro via Whisky/GamePortingToolkit. The game itself is fantastic: amazing world, characters and stories. And it runs surprisingly well on medium/high settings, which feels different from what were commonly believed: CP2077 has many bugs & Mac has bad gaming performance.

I think CD Project Red should release the game officially in MAS, which will likely be a non-trivial boost for their sales.

Reactions: Huntn

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
recently upgraded to Sonoma and played thru Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty on M1 Pro via Whisky/GamePortingToolkit. The game itself is fantastic: amazing world, characters and stories. And it runs surprisingly well on medium/high settings, which feels different from what were commonly believed: CP2077 has many bugs & Mac has bad gaming performance.

I think CD Project Red should release the game officially in MAS, which will likely be a non-trivial boost for their sales.
Apple should give them a giant bag of cash to do so....

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

How does that work? Whisky/GamePortingToolkit. It seems to me that losing Bootcamp had to be some kind of a blow…

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

Anyone run it using Crossover 23.5 which includes the Game Porting Toolkit ?

frex

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Germany
How does that work? Whisky/GamePortingToolkit. It seems to me that losing Bootcamp had to be some kind of a blow…
Just get the app from https://getwhisky.app/ and go thru the guided setup to install GamePortingToolkit, then create a "bottle"(just like a VM) and run game installers within that.

Honestly, I don't miss gaming with Bootcamp at all, the last few Intel Macbooks runs very hot and throttling like crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.