Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbooster

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
I know that Apple+tilie will cycle thru Safari windows open, but I can't figure out the hotkey combo to cycle thru tabs in any given window. Anyone?

Thanks!
-dave

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Another good keyboard shortcut is command(apple)+tab to shuffle through open apps.

Plus check out system preferences/keyboard & mouse/keyboard shortcuts. :)

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
a cool key combo i accadentially discovered not to long ago is the command + ~ this will cycle through the open windows of the current program. so if you have 3 windows in safari open it will only cycle through them and not go to another program.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
wPod said:
a cool key combo i accadentially discovered not to long ago is the command + ~ this will cycle through the open windows of the current program. so if you have 3 windows in safari open it will only cycle through them and not go to another program.

Actually its the ` not ~, since ~ would require the Shift key :D

Here's a bunch more you can accidently discover too ;)

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75459

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
zimv20 said:
yeah, it's not working for my firefox 1.0, either.

yah its it ctrl+pageup or ctrl+fn+pageup..

does anyone know how to change the option+link combination to open something in a new tab (in firefox), to cmd+link , as in safari?

thanks

dbooster

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
Yes, bring this thread back to life!

I looked thru that apple listing of keystrokes, but I couldn't find one to restore windows (or I overlooked it). That is, if a window of an app is minimized onto the dock and you select the app by apple+tab, is there a keystroke to restore the window so I don't have to use the mouse to find it on the dock and click on it?

Thanks!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
dbooster said:
Yes, bring this thread back to life!

I looked thru that apple listing of keystrokes, but I couldn't find one to restore windows (or I overlooked it). That is, if a window of an app is minimized onto the dock and you select the app by apple+tab, is there a keystroke to restore the window so I don't have to use the mouse to find it on the dock and click on it?

Thanks!
Don't think so, but try hiding the apps/windows using cmd-H instead of minimizing them to the dock. Then they are gone from view and reappear when you choose that application again (e.g. using cmd-TAB/shift-cmd-TAB to navigate all open apps), even Finder... (Only problem is that this only works for all the windows of a given program.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.