Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
I recently received an ipad and jailbroke it. I tried to connect into my cydia account to link the device but I get a message indicating that "the account is attempting to link large number of devices too quickly"? It says I have to wait a couple of weeks? I did link a new iphone several days ago. Did that have something to do with it? How do I un-link my old devices?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I have never had any issue adding devices to my Cydia account. I have never even heard of this complaint before.

Only restriction I know of is a few developers limit the number of devices that can be registered to their tweak at 5.

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Thanks dhlizard. I knew of the 5 device limit when downloading certain tweeks but never knew of a limit with linking a device to an account. I guess I just need to wait couple of weeks as mentioned in the message in cydia.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Thanks dhlizard. I knew of the 5 device limit when downloading certain tweeks but never knew of a limit with linking a device to an account. I guess I just need to wait couple of weeks as mentioned in the message in cydia.

Cydia limits how often you can add your account to a new device to make sure you aren't sharing it with others.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Cydia limits how often you can add your account to a new device to make sure you aren't sharing it with others.

Odd, because I generally buy release day devices (iPhones and iPads - two of each), so when the jailbreaks do come, I am adding 2 or 4 devices on the same day - and have never had any issues :confused:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I actually had the OP's scenario happen to me a few weeks back. I tried to link my account on a 5c I had just purchased and received that message.

Also, BiteSMS wouldn't allow me to transfer a my license having just transferred it about a week before to another iPhone.

Given time, those issues clear up. I guess it is to prevent someone from loading up various iPhones/iPads with paid tweaks that where only purchased once. Just a guess, as I can't come up with another real reason.

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Hi braddick.....how long did you wait before you were able to link the device to your account? Thanks

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Never had this issues, and we usually buy 6 devices a year and I jailbreak them all within days each time.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It only makes sense that you cannot log in and link multiple device with the same cydia account info and start downloading everything on all the devices.
After so many devices the account locks up and doesn't let you add any more devices unless you contact saurik and have him unlink all previous devices and let you start fresh linking just a certain amount of devices you're currently using.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
It only makes sense that you cannot log in and link multiple device with the same cydia account info and start downloading everything on all the devices.
After so many devices the account locks up and doesn't let you add any more devices unless you contact saurik and have him unlink all previous devices and let you start fresh linking just a certain amount of devices you're currently using.

Not anecdotal evidence, but rather my own experience: That's not accurate. After a few days I was able to continue linking up other iDevices and in fact, have not had that issue repeat itself.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Odd, because I generally buy release day devices (iPhones and iPads - two of each), so when the jailbreaks do come, I am adding 2 or 4 devices on the same day - and have never had any issues :confused:

Same situation here. Having a large number of iOS devices, which, when a new JB is out, generally immediately update & JB & log into my Cydia account. Have never had this problem myself.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Not anecdotal evidence, but rather my own experience: That's not accurate. After a few days I was able to continue linking up other iDevices and in fact, have not had that issue repeat itself.

I never had this issue personally but I heard he can clear out the devices linked to your account if you had many registered before or if you got a few replacement iphones from apple and want to remove the old devices associated on that account and taking up slots. I know with some packages like MyWi you can only install and get a license on a certain amount of phones with the same cydia store account.

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Just to update.....I was finally able to link the device to my account after only almost 2 days waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.