Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
So this is a weird thing that has been happening lately. I can scroll through my packages fine, but when I get to "I", Cydia crashes and closes. If I tap the "I", the same thing happens. I can tap any letter after that, and it runs fine.

Has this happened to anyone before? What can I do?

EDIT: It was iFlat 2.

Last edited:

Lycanthroat

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2011
UK
That's....weird. To be honest, the amount of times I've had to reinstall bloody Cydia or do a full restore due to it not working right....grrrrr. At the moment, my current Cydia problem is that it takes minutes to load up "Changes". As in, it loads forever unless I stop it (sometimes it will load Changes up, after about 10-20 minutes)

Try this (apt-get command was removed in one of the later firmwares, so if Terminal doesn't recognise it, this does nothing :()

1) Make sure you've got OpenSSH

2) SSH into iPhone root, make sure you've got MobileTerminal installed

3) Open MobileTerminal, and type this:

su

alpine (or whatever your password is)

apt-get remove cydia

apt-get install cydia

This has fixed some Cydia errors for me at least. Good luck!

Donny Jepp

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
Log in as root in Terminal v511. Enter command dpkg -l. Look for that i package. Remove it with dpkg -r com.blahblah.blahblah

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Log in as root in Terminal v511. Enter command dpkg -l. Look for that i package. Remove it with dpkg -r com.blahblah.blahblah

Thats very tough to do when "com.blahblah" takes up the text line and I cant see package names.

PGTaU.png

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If u know what package is causing it, try to google search the repo or source. Sometimes you'll find the .deb and then download to ur pc, open it up and search in the info.plist for the com._____._____.
Good luck bro, I had the same issue a couple days ago and this is how I recovered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.