Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Knucklehead

Things like this happen in jails from time to time--not all that uncommon, really. That's why there is a saying in jails, "Never trust a trustee." But, you know, you take criminals and give them a little bit of freedom and responsibilities, some of them are bound to make bad choices. I am a bit astounded that this guy was able to have that much unsupervised time, but I guess it happens.

The thing that bums me out is that the media will latch onto anything like this that happens in a jail, but isn't interested if anything good happens.

Chris
____
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple."
--Oscar Wilde

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Originally posted by alex_ant
Chmorley may not sound it, but he's a wack-ass gangsta bizzatch, hardcore. That calmness is just his meds speaking.
All of this is true.

Also, I am a forensic/correctional psychologist. I do most of my work in jails.

Chris

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Here at our jail in my hometown people could probably get away with anything. my bro works at the country jail and tells me about it. they drop off prisoners at certain places to work and they dont leave anyone there to watch them. the cops will drive by maybe every hour to make sure they are all there. a prisoner could easily walk away and never come back. thought that was kind of funny.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.