Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Since the M1 Mac Mini only supports 1 display with each port type, would it be possible to use dual Dell monitors through 1 USB C/Thunderbolt port by using daisy chaining of the DP 1.2 port?
HDMI has been causing major issues with black screens and flashing so I am looking to use just the USB C port. I would rather not buy a DisplayLink hub/adaptor as has been recently discussed on here.
Thanks

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Since the M1 Mac Mini only supports 1 display with each port type, would it be possible to use dual Dell monitors through 1 USB C/Thunderbolt port by using daisy chaining of the DP 1.2 port?
HDMI has been causing major issues with black screens and flashing so I am looking to use just the USB C port. I would rather not buy a DisplayLink hub/adaptor as has been recently discussed on here.
Thanks
I have the same question as I thought that might be an option as a back-up. What Dell models are you using if you don’t mind me asking?

I have yet to receive my MacMini, but I do have two Dell monitors (one of which supports USB-C). However, I plan to use the second monitor’s HDMI port. If I can’t find a reliable two monitor option I will be sending the M1 back to Apple.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Dell S2721QS 27 and a Dell U2717D 27. S is 4K, U is 1440p. I used to have 2 1440p displays but since I got the M1 I thought to upgrade for a crispier experience. My S display is arriving on Friday. I'm gonna try the daisy chain and update the post if it works.

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Dell S2721QS 27 and a Dell U2717D 27. S is 4K, U is 1440p. I used to have 2 1440p displays but since I got the M1 I thought to upgrade for a crispier experience. My S display is arriving on Friday. I'm gonna try the daisy chain and update the post if it works.
I’ve got the D, I’ll have to check on the USB-C Dell Monitor’s model. But I don’t think it has high resolution. Thanks again. I’m sure others will benefit from your experiance.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
I’ve got the D, I’ll have to check on the USB-C Dell Monitor’s model. But I don’t think it has high resolution. Thanks again. I’m sure others will benefit from your experiance.
I guess we have our answer here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.