Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elizaurus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Hello!

Yosemite 10.10.2

My two years old son did something with my laptop.

Now I have 5mm shadow line across the screen that is not active. For example: if I drag window to fit all screen - I can't click "close window" button, because it is just under this shadow line.

Also my F3 button that shows open grouped applications doesn't work. All other buttons like sound or dashbord work just fine.

There is an image. I made red lines to show you where this shadow line is.

With that shadow line - Active Corners doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Please help, because it is annoying to work like that.

Attachments

• ?????? ?????? 2015-03-06 ? 15.22.42.png
    ?????? ?????? 2015-03-06 ? 15.22.42.png
    356.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Hello!

Yosemite 10.10.2

My two years old son did something with my laptop.

Now I have 5mm shadow line across the screen that is not active. For example: if I drag window to fit all screen - I can't click "close window" button, because it is just under this shadow line.

Also my F3 button that shows open grouped applications doesn't work. All other buttons like sound or dashbord work just fine.

There is an image. I made red lines to show you where this shadow line is.

With that shadow line - Active Corners doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Please help, because it is annoying to work like that.

Does this situation happen in other user accounts. If you don't have another account, create a new user and see if it happens in that account. If it does not happen in other accounts then you may need to rebuild your account again. Something to try though, repair permissions and reboot the computer. Also, reset PRAM and reset SMC.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
You should probably enable the feature that requires a password to wake from sleep. Then if your son needs an account, create a managed one specifically for him. He's two now, but he's only going to get better at doing things you don't know how to fix. Ounce of prevention, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.