Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Where is the setting for it?

No Clue, still looking.
Did find disable transparency in Accessibility.

In that part of the video was that Live on 10.10 or part of the keynote presentation with the change, I couldn't tell if Craig did a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable it.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Yea Im looking for it as well, looks like we got totally different build from the one which they use on the keynote this morning.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
might be in general or desktop and screensaver in system prefs. just a guess, don't even have Yose yet.

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
I can't find it anywhere. Is it something to come later? I could have missed what he said :rolleyes:

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
I can't find it anywhere. Is it something to come later? I could have missed what he said :rolleyes:

He did say exactly nothing about Dark mode would be missing in the Beta build - but it looks like its really not there yet :(

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I would say if it's not in general it's not there yet. Anything about it in the release notes?

The build they demoed wasn't the same, the iTunes icon had been updated.

On a related subject, does graphite mode still exist?

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
I would say if it's not in general it's not there yet. Anything about it in the release notes?

The build they demoed wasn't the same, the iTunes icon had been updated.

On a related subject, does graphite mode still exist?

Yes to graphite in general settings ;)

-Ray-

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think we have different builds as some of the icons are different as well.

Side note.. did anyones macbook make a cool jet take off sound with the fan on first boot. it was pretty sweat. It was definitely programmed to do that as the loader went across as it followed it.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Interestingly, there is no mention of dark mode on Apple's website...maybe it was a feature they developed quite recently.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I think we have different builds as some of the icons are different as well.

Side note.. did anyones macbook make a cool jet take off sound with the fan on first boot. it was pretty sweat. It was definitely programmed to do that as the loader went across as it followed it.

My Macbook was a cute little takeoff sound, my iMac on the other hand startled me because I wasn't paying attention, sounded like my Dyson handheld vacuum for about 2 seconds.

chrisaster

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
No Clue, still looking.
Did find disable transparency in Accessibility.

In that part of the video was that Live on 10.10 or part of the keynote presentation with the change, I couldn't tell if Craig did a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable it.

It looked to me like he switched slides when displaying the dark mode demo as appose to actually toggling it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.