Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
After working with dark mode on Mojave, I really would LOVE to see it brought to IOS and going a step further, wonder if it's possible to have the dynamic wallpaper on IOS as well???

It would almost make the iPhone feel alive :)

As much as I would like dark mode, the last colour I associate with the feeling of alive is black!

bluespider

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 12, 2009
Space Coast FL
Dark mode looks terrible on Mojave. Looks like something from 1990's internet.
I respectfully disagree. I really like it. I think it is just right, not overly done or incomplete. It is definitely a personal preference kind of thing though, but at least now we have a choice.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Hoping to see dark mode either in future betas of iOS 12 or waiting next year for iOS 13.

I think it’s too big a feature to be a surprise add on to iOS 12 unless it is somehow related to the new iPhones announced (likely) in early September. I see it more likely next year after they use the learnings from Mojave to improve it/make it easier to implement in iOS.

Sciomar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
I'll keep on hoping in an iOS true dark mode, the third party apps that have already implemented a dark mode version have looked good thus far.

macguy90

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Upstate NY
Dark mode looks terrible on Mojave. Looks like something from 1990's internet.

As another comment asked, I'm curious what it is about Dark Mode that reminds you of internet in the 1990's? I think it's incredibly sleek and easy on the eyes. But then again, that's why the toggle switch exists for it ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.