Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Couldn't find anything in a search, so I have to post this.

Any good dark steel bands, besides the replicas of the official black link bracelet that Apple released, that match the color of the Space Black?

I see a lot of options online, like http://www.amazon.com/Oittm-Stainle...sr=1-53&keywords=black+steel+band+apple+watch

are Space Grey, to sell to owners of the corresponding Sport watch.

Just wondering if anybody found one band that's as dark as the Space Black.

Reactions: dooku77

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Well, I assume nobody knows. Ended up ordering a bracelet that seems darker than the Space Gray. Will Be here tomorrow or the day after.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Got it today...2-3 hours of manipulation and I'm finally wearing the thing...

aTKD07al.jpg

Pin-removal tool breaks after removing 2 links...

bpM0aJCl.jpg

Had to go about it differently. Use the screwdriver to push the pin through and a hammer to provide the necessary force...

nUiGDjHl.jpg

JuyEaQMl.jpg

Reinserted the pins like so:

Ht7ztSzl.jpg

All in all, had to remove 4 links, because I don't like my bracelet watches sliding around wrist. Doesn't feel tight either. Screwdriver actually broke off in one of the links, and the broken piece inside of the link could not be forced through, so I had to force out one of the links that wasn't meant to be removable. The pins in about 3 of the links would not come all the way out...Was able to bend the pin-removal tool back into working-condition.The links with the adapters attached were actually upside down. It would've been easier to unscrew and re-assemble the adapters properly, but the links would've been upside down. It would've bothered me. All of this took about 2-3 hours. Ended up banging a couple of links up a bit, but it's not even noticeable. Just the sides of a few are a little scratched. Done.

Results:

lNcWwtFl.jpg

7p0w8SNl.jpg

lNcWwtFl.jpg

x9IbVsQl.jpg

Zk1zIsGl.jpg

zxD45Jrl.jpg

QIR90Jyl.jpg

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
What's up with the pins in the 3rd results pic? Looks like it's about to fall apart. :/

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
What's up with the pins in the 3rd results pic? Looks like it's about to fall apart. :/

That picture looks a lot worse than it was. I looked at the band after I took it, and one pin was slightly sticking out of the top. Knocked it in.

45BjceXl.jpg

rnnYHknl.jpg

dooku77

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2014
My ocd kicked in when I looked at the pic of the misaligned links. That would drive me crazy. Nice color though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.