Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Does anyone enjoy watching these? Sort of like watching a train wreck, you feel guilty over watching it happen but you cannot take your eyes off of it.

Anyways I do think they have some redeeming value. As I watch these videos, its quite clear that like 90% of the close calls and accidents are completely avoidable. What I mean by this is the driver who is not at fault can avoid it, if he/she slowed down, or gave up the space or drove defensively. It made me more mindful of my driving habits. Plus having a dash cam will help you with insurance as there's video proof of what happened.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I have a dash cam for each of my car, after being burned by the other guy's insurance company refusal to pay damage caused by the other guy. If I had a dash cam video at the time, it would have proven 100% it was the other guys fault. No video, his word against mine. Insurance never want to pay, so I had to take a hit to my insurance. If you don't have a dash cam yet, I highly recommend getting one. Even a cheap dash cam would be enough to show what happen.

I haven't captured anything worth post online since getting them, but then that's a good thing in my book. Watching that dash cam compilation cured my constipation.😬

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Does anyone enjoy watching these? Sort of like watching a train wreck, you feel guilty over watching it happen but you cannot take your eyes off of it.

Anyways I do think they have some redeeming value. As I watch these videos, its quite clear that like 90% of the close calls and accidents are completely avoidable. What I mean by this is the driver who is not at fault can avoid it, if he/she slowed down, or gave up the space or drove defensively. It made me more mindful of my driving habits. Plus having a dash cam will help you with insurance as there's video proof of what happened.

My car is being repaired at the moment because a stupid Tesla driver ran into the back of me.
Fortunately I have a front and rear dash cam. Had one fitted after I got assaulted by a guy who had road rage issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.