Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
I live in the Eastern time zone. If I AirDrop a photo taken locally with my iPhone camera to my Mac, the Finder date created has the same time as the time on my phone. Also, the Finder time is the same as that in the EXIF date taken field. On the other hand, if I AirDrop a photo taken in the Mountain time zone, the Finder date created is two hours later than the time the photo was actually taken. In other words, the Mac is converting to Eastern time. The EXIF date taken and the Finder date created no longer match. How do I prevent the time from being changed when I transfer photos from iPhone to Mac?

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Don't have an iPhone, but in recent years a simple drag and drop maintains dates when transferring directly from camera cards. Prior to that if it was important maintain the correct creator date, I had to use ImageCapture to transfer photos to my computers.

I am guessing the easiest answer would be to use a direct cable connection. Those more familiar with iPhones will probably have other suggestions as well.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Don't have an iPhone, but in recent years a simple drag and drop maintains dates when transferring directly from camera cards. Prior to that if it was important maintain the correct creator date, I had to use ImageCapture to transfer photos to my computers.

I am guessing the easiest answer would be to use a direct cable connection. Those more familiar with iPhones will probably have other suggestions as well.
Thank you. Connecting iPhone to Mac using lightning cable and importing with Image Capture worked. I thought I had tried that earlier, but apparently I had done something wrong that time.

Reactions: OldMacs4Me
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.