Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

My daughter has been given a microsoft address at school this year. When we login at outlook.com, everything works normally and we can access her emails.

Yet when I try to add that address in Mail app (iOS 13) on her iPad, it always fails. We use the same email address and password, obviously, but it doesn't recognize it.

Any tips?

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

My daughter has been given a microsoft address at school this year. When we login at outlook.com, everything works normally and we can access her emails.

Yet when I try to add that address in Mail app (iOS 13) on her iPad, it always fails. We use the same email address and password, obviously, but it doesn't recognize it.

Any tips?
Not sure about the Mail app, but you can potentially try the Outlook app if that's an option.

Reactions: Loa

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Not sure about the Mail app, but you can potentially try the Outlook app if that's an option.
Yeah, I could, but she already uses her own icloud address in Mail, so I'd prefer to use only that app.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Hello,

Any tips?
It might help to list the steps you used to add it to the Mail app so that we can help you troubleshoot. I've got my Outlook account added to mine. You need to use the Exchange option, not the Outlook.com option.

Reactions: Loa

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Ah! Using exchange instead of outlook worked like a charm!

Thanks!

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
Hello,

Any tips?
My wife has a similar problem in her iPad Pro. She has a hotmail and a live.com account that fail to connect in the mail app. She has to open the site in safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.