Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ahambone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I just recently downloaded the update to the financial app Day Bank. I had the program password-protected, and since I updated, it won't let me bypass the password screen...even though I'm putting in the correct password!

First, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Second, I'm wondering that since I haven't backed the updated app up to my Itunes yet, can I delete the app off of my phone & reinstall it from the backup, thus being able to save some of my financial info as well?

davisd79

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2008
I am getting the same thing. I've tried several times and just keep getting booted out back to the home screen. I downloaded the update directly from my phone and have not synced it up yet to see if that clears up the problem. Or if it needs to be updated from iTunes and then installed on the phone to work. But that doesn't make sense for it to have to be done like that.

Ahambone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I'm afraid that if I sync the update to my phone, my backup will be lost forever and I'll have to start from scratch.

davisd79

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2008
Found the solution. Apparently in some cases it resets the passcode to a default. Not sure why. Found this on their FAQ site:

http://www.quantumquinn.com/overview/daybank/support/

Restored device, passcode doesn't work? - Day Bank restores your passcode enabled setting, but sets the passcode to: 7

Tried this out and it works. Then you can go into settings and change it back to your original passcode. It did not reset any of my data either. All of my entries were still there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.