Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aces2412

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Near DC
Well today was my first day with the Apple Watch. Started my day at 7 AM put the watch back on the charger at 9 PM with 31% remaining.

I did a run a 5K run without the phone connected and it track my mileage at 3.28 miles. That is great with no gps or prior learning runs with the iPhone.

After my run I took a dive into the swimming pool with the watch on accidentally got out, dried it off, and it was perfectly fine.

My only complaint is there really isn't that much to do with the watch. Play with it for little while tried some of the apps and just went right back to my iPhone.
I think that may be a good thing, the watch is there like a normal watch but you get notifications and you can pay for stuff etc. etc.

I'm going to keep getting it mildly wet within the first 30 days to test it out to the best of my abilities. I just wish you could track swimming

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Well today was my first day with the Apple Watch. Started my day at 7 AM put the watch back on the charger at 9 PM with 31% remaining.

I did a run a 5K run without the phone connected and it track my mileage at 3.28 miles. That is great with no gps or prior learning runs with the iPhone.

After my run I took a dive into the swimming pool with the watch on accidentally got out, dried it off, and it was perfectly fine.

My only complaint is there really isn't that much to do with the watch. Play with it for little while tried some of the apps and just went right back to my iPhone.
I think that may be a good thing, the watch is there like a normal watch but you get notifications and you can pay for stuff etc. etc.

I'm going to keep getting it mildly wet within the first 30 days to test it out to the best of my abilities. I just wish you could track swimming

You are correct. There isn't much to do with the watch. Some people returned their watch for this reason. It's a watch. It tells you the time and other bits of information at a glance. It's not meant to be "played" with honestly.

I appreciate mine and wear it daily.

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I went swimming with it on a couple times. The only thing I've noticed is that the speaker will sound muffled for a couple hours until the water inside dries out, then it returns back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.