Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I have heard great things about it, especially on the PS5 with 60fps. I have it downloaded but haven't started it yet.

Reactions: max2

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I played it (PS4 Pro) when it first came out and really enjoyed. At first the motorcycle was a little hard to drive in a straight line, but I got the hang of it.

Reactions: max2

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I like it but I also got it for free with my Ps5. It’s gorgeous and it’s free. If I had paid $60 it would still be good just wouldn’t like it as much :). I think it’s way better than Last of us 2. Gameplay is a lot more fun, characters are less annoying.

I don’t get the hate the game gets the character has tattoos and seems southern... not trying to be political but it’s a type of character media hates.

seems like sons of anarchy if zombies attacked

I find the game to be super hard but fun. A more open world version of last of us that plays pretty similar. I kind of just pick it up and play a couple of missions and then put it down for a couple days.

Which is not my normal play style. I usually binge games till I beat them.

I am playing this, Cyber Punk, Last of us remastered(beat it on ps3/ps4), god of war (beat on ps4) and Crash Banicoot (beat on ps1 but fun to pick up. Also pretty hard because jumping isn’t also responsive).

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
I played through it pretty much 100% and if you do it that way, it's a LONG GAME. I thought it was a solid game and the story line was really good. That's why I ended up doing the 100% because doing all the side quests plugs in the holes of the main story and it's definitely worth experiencing it all. Only thing I think that was unfair was the beginning of the game with the motorcycle. Your fuel range is SMALL. But, with that said...they give you plenty of gas cans around to fill up. I see the game on sale often for $20 new and that's a steal for it. I'd say it's one of the few games I'd honestly feel comfortable paying full price for.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
You get it for free when you buy a PS5 and have PS+. There are still some bugs in it here and there, but I absolutely loved this game (on the PS5 at least). It's a really cool concept and I really liked the story. So if you're ok with open world and zombies: do play the game.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
According to rumors, the idea of Days Gone 2 was shot down by Sony. Kinda bummed about that news. I really enjoyed that game on the PS5 and would've loved a sequel...

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
According to rumors, the idea of Days Gone 2 was shot down by Sony. Kinda bummed about that news. I really enjoyed that game on the PS5 and would've loved a sequel...
Since Days Gone is going to be released on PC, you think there is a chance for a sequel developed as a cross platform game? I'm looking forward to playing this game on PC.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Days Gone was Great game. I actually finished it this time last year when the pandemic essentially started. The storyline was was good, I enjoyed the stealth and the gameplay was fluid, the weather affects were great and so was the combat/melee.

I have to hand it to Bend Studio, they delayed the project multiple times, because I think they really wanted to master this game the best they could, even though it’s still had it initial problems and I think there’s room for improvement, a really strong first title.

However......

Is there room for a second title? Yes, but as I just said in another thread, developers are having to rethink just about everything given what happened with Cyberpunk. Seriously, it literally altered the future of gaming (Also due to the pandemic), and look how many titles are delayed because of it. Sometimes I think this actually might’ve had an influence on future projects to fruition or not, given that Days Gone was a solid game, but still was broken in many aspects when it first launched.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weaselboy

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I never bought Days Gone because of all the bugs when it got released. The game got crapped on everywhere because of this. And loads of people did the same. It's just now that loads of people are playing it with PS+ or the PS5 Collection for free. And apparently the idea for Days Gone 2 got shot down because the first game didn't have high enough revenues. A shame because I'd buy DG2 on release, without a doubt.

RyanWalker12

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2021
USA
This game is amazing, I’m having the time of my life with it, I don’t care what reviewers say. I get the impression all these reviewers simply play too many games and have lost sight of the magic that games like this can bring. Game is top notch, immersive, engrossing. A++

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
This game is amazing, I’m having the time of my life with it, I don’t care what reviewers say. I get the impression all these reviewers simply play too many games and have lost sight of the magic that games like this can bring. Game is top notch, immersive, engrossing. A++
Problem is that the game that got released/reviewed isn't the game we play today. Days Gone was a CP2077-release: bugs-o-rama

Feyl

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
I can honestly say that Days Gone is one of the best games I've ever played and I've been gaming for over 20 years. The game is absolutely top notch in basically every aspect. What matters to me the most is how humane the story is and I really cared about the characters. The end could be better though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.