Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rilkal

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Has anyone got any info on the dBrand Grip case? Thinking of getting it for the 15PM but being from the UK its a real hassle to return if it's a load of crap. I can't find any good info on it other than influencers or youtubers peddling the usual nonsense.

I've used the MOUS cases previously but had to return it for being too bulky is it the same for this one? How does the skin hold up on the back?

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Has anyone got any info on the dBrand Grip case? Thinking of getting it for the 15PM but being from the UK its a real hassle to return if it's a load of crap. I can't find any good info on it other than influencers or youtubers peddling the usual nonsense.

I've used the MOUS cases previously but had to return it for being too bulky is it the same for this one? How does the skin hold up on the back?
I’ve ordered it but it’s still in production judging from what the website says. I should have it in the next week or two. I can update this thread when I get it.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
I had it on my 12 pro max and it’s an excellent case. I like to use it as my winter case. Super durable and grippy. I plan to grab one for the 15 when it’s available.

Kimquat

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
I had it on my 12 pro max and it’s an excellent case. I like to use it as my winter case. Super durable and grippy. I plan to grab one for the 15 when it’s available.
Does the side get softer as you use it? My 14pro grip case sides feel like sand paper when I am holding the phone.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Does the side get softer as you use it? My 14pro grip case sides feel like sand paper when I am holding the phone.
No it remains as grippy as originally bought. Though I do mostly hold from the bottom half of the case where you have the smoother plastic strips to off set that feeling of rough grippy texture.

Reactions: Kimquat

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Do dBrand skins scratch easily or easy to keep in great condition?

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Do dBrand skins scratch easily or easy to keep in great condition?
current one of almost a couple months has zero scratches but the last one (that lasted for a couple of years before upgrading) had a few scratches. Easy to keep clean and looking good imo

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
How bulky is the dbrand case for 15 Pro (or 15 Pro Max)? How does the size and weight compare to Mous Limitess 5.0 or Clarity 2.0? Per dbrand.com, stated thin at 2mm, which seems pretty thick to me. I have the Ghost case, which is 1.2mm, which is relatively thin. The Ghost is an amazing all-around case with great form factor.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
How bulky is the dbrand case for 15 Pro (or 15 Pro Max)? How does the size and weight compare to Mous Limitess 5.0 or Clarity 2.0? Per dbrand.com, stated thin at 2mm, which seems pretty thick to me. I have the Ghost case, which is 1.2mm, which is relatively thin. The Ghost is an amazing all-around case with great form factor.
The Grip is just slightly heavier than the Limitless (~2-3 grams IIRC). To me if feels slightly bulkier.

Reactions: walds11

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
The Grip is just slightly heavier than the Limitless (~2-3 grams IIRC). To me if feels slightly bulkier.
Thanks for the feedback. I bought and subsequently returned the Clarity 2.0 recently (similar specs as the Limitless 5.0). The case is a little too heavy and bulky for my tastes.

Reactions: Zensō

Ilp.23

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2023
dbrand grip last revision- great grip
+grip for watery oily hands
, all buttons work as needed, no artificial action button triggers.
a little bulky but hope for protection.

Reactions: AE14

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I bought and subsequently returned the Clarity 2.0 recently (similar specs as the Limitless 5.0). The case is a little too heavy and bulky for my tastes.
Yeah, I tried the Clarity and didn’t like it. Between that and the Dbrand, I’d vote Dbrand. But I got tired of the grippy dots after a while. Felt abrasive against my hand.

smallrebel

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2024
I got the Smarish Gripmunk for 15 pro max at 44g.
Felt like a nice grip the first 2 days but now more washed out and "cheap".
Though the case looks great.
Thinking about the dbrand Grip, but it is 5g heavier and crazy expensive to ship to EU

Ilp.23

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2023
Thinking about the dbrand Grip, but it is 5g heavier and crazy expensive to ship to EU
buy 2 and sell one and return money for shipping of both.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
What do you mean by washed out and cheap? The grip started wearing down?

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
This case has grown on me. Fits the phone great, obviously the grip is top notch, and the magnets are strong.

My only gripe, is I hate putting on a skin.

Reactions: walds11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.