Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
So I have a 15 Pro Max on the upgrade program so I typically don’t like using a case. I decided to try these dbrand skins. While not expensive I was expecting much bettter quality. I installed it watching the YouTube video. Was pretty simple. Got the wrinkles out using. A hair dyer but it just feels super cheap like a plastic baggy on my phone. The edges are super sharp. The part that goes around the camera bump wont stay stuck to the phone after numerous tries with the hair dryer. Idk I guess I was just expecting much more.
Anyone have a diff experience with these skins?

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Yeah I got the leather skin and I really like it. I did have an issue with the section around the camera coming off so I used a hair dryer on it again and it stuck pretty well. I’ve actually taken it off 3 times and reinstalled. The leather feels like suede brand new but develops a better feel as you use it. The leather is not as nice as a case but it adds enough grip to the phone which is what I was looking for. I have gone back to a case for now but will probably reinstall the skin at some point. I bought 2 extra during their Black Friday sale.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 103

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
Yeah I got the leather skin and I really like it. I did have an issue with the section around the camera coming off so I used a hair dryer on it again and it stuck pretty well. I’ve actually taken it off 3 times and reinstalled. The leather feels like suede brand new but develops a better feel as you use it. The leather is not as nice as a case but it adds enough grip to the phone which is what I was looking for. I have gone back to a case for now but will probably reinstall the skin at some point. I bought 2 extra during their Black Friday sale.

i am considering it for the grip! i'd love to go naked but the phones are always so slippery for me - especially as someone who frequently wears basketball shorts. the material makes it very easy for the phone to slip out in your pocket.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
i am considering it for the grip! i'd love to go naked but the phones are always so slippery for me - especially as someone who frequently wears basketball shorts. the material makes it very easy for the phone to slip out in your pocket.
The other option is the leather back by nomad. It connects with MagSafe and some grip pads on the back of it. It’s heavier and thicker than the dbrand skin but it works much better with MagSafe accessories.
I had the same problem, phone slipping out of bball shorts/sweatpants

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: i4k20c
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.