Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neerarawat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2021
Hello everyone,

I Want to buy a new laptop for Normal gaming and Trading purposes. I do not have so much knowledge about PC and Laptops, so I visited one of my friend's shops, he is too good at technology as well, he suggested me some Laptops:

1: HP 15s-GR0011AU Laptop
2: DELL Inspiron Ryzen 3 Dual Core 3250U
3: Dell Vostro 3501
4: Acer Aspire 5 Core i5 11th Gen

and he told me to buy a laptop with the SSD hard disk and with the DDR2/DDR3/DDR4 RAM (For Speed), so please suggest to me which one is best for me, and does RAM matter for the Speed?

Thanks

James Gryphon

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2018
Which laptop is best for you depends on your needs and budget. Of the options you listed, I think the Acer looks like the most powerful of the bunch and is likely to be the most future-proof, but that doesn't help much if the price is too high for you.

A SSD is definitely key for performance.

When it comes to RAM 'versions', newer is flatly better. RAM speed does matter, although I suspect it isn't the biggest bottleneck or inhibiting factor in your system. (Systems that support older RAM standards, of course, tend to be older systems, so you would expect them to generally be slower anyway.)

As far as how much RAM, it's never a bad thing to have more memory. If you intend to play new games on it, you can't go wrong with 16GB or more. You can get by, for most purposes, with 8GB. In your case, I wouldn't recommend getting any less than that.

It'd be helpful to know what kind of games you'd like to play, so that we can give you a more helpful recommendation concerning your graphics needs.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I Want to buy a new laptop for Normal gaming and Trading purposes.
1: HP 15s-GR0011AU Laptop
2: DELL Inspiron Ryzen 3 Dual Core 3250U
3: Dell Vostro 3501
4: Acer Aspire 5 Core i5 11th Gen

I don't know what you're budget is, or what you mean by normal gaming but it appears that all of those models are so underpowered (for gaming), I'd probably not avoid them. When I say gaming, AAA titles old and new come to mind, and I don't believe many if any would be capable of running decently on an integrated gpu and those cpus are low powered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.