Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushfrog

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2006
I have heard this is a big problem with airports going in 12-24 months after purchase ,,,

slightly off the subject my belkin router did this,, but due to the 10 year guarantee i was sorted --

Its a shame apple dont offer such a gurantee

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
My father has an Airport Snow and an Airport Express ad they are 4 and 2 years old, I have an Airport Extreme and Three Airport Expresses all different ages and havent had a lick of problem. I suggest them to my customers all day long and havent heard of any major problems with any of them and I have tens of thousands of customers. Remember that if you buy them with your computers the AppleCare will umbrella their coverage to them. All of mine will be covered for three years from time of purchase. When it comes down to it, it is an electronic. They fail at all different times of their lives. Sure Apple does buil stuff better than most. If it were truly a "major" problem , well first I would be on eof the first with my customers to know, but Apple would be aware of it and take care of it like many other things they have. Hell theyr just announced that the PowerMacs will have extensions to their warranties to cover power supply issues. So your best thing to do instead of petitions is to make sure Apple is aware of you problems individually.

Kevin

azeroth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
Yeah thats the point...

Clearly if you read this, http://forum.hardmac.com/index.php?showtopic=167 it is a pretty wide spread issue for certain APX's and Apple hasn't addressed the issue. So just because you have been lucky with yours doesn't mean that this is an isolated incidence. The cause has been determined and it is a matter of when not if these certain APX's will fail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.