Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGeek7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
I have a pixel in the lower right hand side of my MacBook screen that has been stuck on a light blue color for quite a while now. My question is, is that a dead pixel or is it just stuck? I've tried using the Pixel Fix widget but it doesn't seem to be helping...

any ideas?

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
Since it is displaying a color (light blue) it's stuck. If it was black it would be dead.
Google around the internet for some pixel unsticking techniques.

Sage Harupyuia

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
i say, dont worry about it. In a mater of days, the pixel and you will become family. ;)

i have 4 dead pixels on my Macbook myself, just 2 pixels shy from the minumum limit to request a screen replace, and its not bothering me one bit. ;)

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
i say, dont worry about it. In a mater of days, the pixel and you will become family. ;)

i have 4 dead pixels on my Macbook myself, just 2 pixels shy from the minumum limit to request a screen replace, and its not bothering me one bit. ;)

Depends on the person I guess. I would exchange for just one...

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
I just noticed one on my machine too, and tried pixel fix and 'massaging' it. but nothing. it's white, i see it sometimes and other times not. I also tried putting clearasil on it. but that didn't work either.

danzzz

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
LA
I used to exchanged my MBP twice just for two stuck pixels but now I've learned to live with them since most MB or MBP have this "defect" on the screen. (From all 7 MBPs and 2 MBs I purchased, 5 of them had more than one stuck pixel)

Slothapotamus

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2008
UK
I used to exchanged my MBP twice just for two stuck pixels but now I've learned to live with them since most MB or MBP have this "defect" on the screen. (From all 7 MBPs and 2 MBs I purchased, 5 of them had more than one stuck pixel)

This doesn't sound good. Is this really a common problem with MacBooks? I'm looking to buy one in the next few weeks.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
This doesn't sound good. Is this really a common problem with MacBooks? I'm looking to buy one in the next few weeks.

It's a common problem with LCDs in general. I work for a company that makes medical equipment. Our machines use NEC LCDs. You'd think for $60,000 you'd be immune to such defects, but we let them out the door with stuck pixels. I think we're allowed 3 or 4 before it's called defective.

macintoshSL

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2008
I just noticed one on my machine too, and tried pixel fix and 'massaging' it. but nothing. it's white, i see it sometimes and other times not. I also tried putting clearasil on it. but that didn't work either.

haha clearasil... i had a stuck blue pixel on my ipod video and i called apple only to be told that they would send me a new one after i sent it back to them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.