Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
hello i just got my iphone 11 and apply a screen protector after installation i saw a black dot on the right corner it visible on light color but if the screen off it becomes invisible i try to put a light on it while the screen off but i cant see it i see it only while screen on and in light color is it crack or dust or dead pixel

2B53F88E-90D5-47D3-B7BD-C773C9A80FE1.jpeg

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I would bet dead pixel if you can’t see it at all with the screen off but like MarkX said you have to remove it to find out for sure.

Reactions: Yoso

Yoso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
it turn red if i see it in different angle ,i push hard during installation to remove bubbles

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
Try to look carefully while changing the angle from which you're viewing it, if you get what I mean... if you notice the dust is kind of sitting on top/slightly moving, then it's just dust.

Also, try to carefully lift the protector and use a tape to get the dust. You'll then know if it's really just dust or a dead pixel.

Yoso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
its crack i look in different angle and what i saw is like rainbow color 180 degree angle but it totally invisible while screen off

imp3rator

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2019
Dead pixel obviously lights bright if you have a black background. If it is black on white background it is stuck pixel :D

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
hello i just got my iphone 11 and apply a screen protector after installation i saw a black dot on the right corner it visible on light color but if the screen off it becomes invisible i try to put a light on it while the screen off but i cant see it i see it only while screen on and in light color is it crack or dust or dead pixel

View attachment 901975

I’m actually surprised you were able to spot this. It’s so minuscule, but with the white background, and near the battery icon, I can see why you found it. You’d be surprised how many displays have dust embedded underneath, there really isn’t much you can do, unless you play the ‘exchange game’, which is a problem on its own You’ll never find a perfect display. [I’m not saying that’s what you were going to do, but a lot of members fall into that trap and totally regret it.]

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
I’m actually surprised you were able to spot this. It’s so minuscule, but with the white background, and near the battery icon, I can see why you found it. You’d be surprised how many displays have dust embedded underneath, there really isn’t much you can do, unless you play the ‘exchange game’, which is a problem on its own You’ll never find a perfect display. [I’m not saying that’s what you were going to do, but a lot of members fall into that trap and totally regret it.]

The dust is under the screen protector and not the screen itself.

Reactions: Yoso and 44267547

Yoso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
i act like someone with ocd lol it just a dust ill ignore it

Yoso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
i replaces almost more than 20 Tempered Glass for just a dust each glass worth 9,99$

Yoso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
yes i didn’t do it well i dont even clean my phone before installation i just use a tape to remove dust only after installation i have bubbles much of then i hope i use alcohol first thank all of you guys for helping

Adrian23422

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2022
I Also had the same problem i was scared at first when I figured it was dust under the screen protector I was very relieved.The device im using is an iPad 9th generation.I’m very glad it’s not a dead pixel.the dust itself is very minuscule and sometimes I even forget where it is so it’s incredibly easy to just forget it’s there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.