Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

czeluff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Hey guys,

I know everyone thought it was neat that the iPad could use the iPhone apps, but admittedly, one you've used the iPad apps, the LAST thing you want to do is run the iPhone ones. Besides, I already HAVE my iPhone in my pocket, so why would I care?

Another problem it causes is, that it syncs both the iPhone Shazam and the iPad Shazam app to the phone (since they didn't make it a universal one...)

I'd like to find a way to tell it to ONLY sync the iPad versions of apps. Is this doable? Thus far, i'm having to manually unselect the iPhone versions, and this is tedious.

cz

huskermania

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
I just unchecked the iPhone apps when I first synced my iPad with iTunes. Haven't had problems since then.

poe8

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
When first connecting you need to unchecked sync apps, it will then copy any you downloaded directly onto the iPad to your pc and remove them. Then check sync apps and it will only sync the apps you downloaded and any going forward. It's goofy and apple needs to address how the apps are organized. Some apps have the exact same names for their iPhone and iPad versions, so you can't really tell which one is supposed to by synched. It's confusing and something they need to fix.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Hey guys,

I know everyone thought it was neat that the iPad could use the iPhone apps, but admittedly, one you've used the iPad apps, the LAST thing you want to do is run the iPhone ones. Besides, I already HAVE my iPhone in my pocket, so why would I care?

Another problem it causes is, that it syncs both the iPhone Shazam and the iPad Shazam app to the phone (since they didn't make it a universal one...)

I'd like to find a way to tell it to ONLY sync the iPad versions of apps. Is this doable? Thus far, i'm having to manually unselect the iPhone versions, and this is tedious.

cz

I just unchecked the iPhone apps when I first synced my iPad with iTunes. Haven't had problems since then.

While I would like to see the ability to sort out my iPad only apps, is it really that difficult to have a small amount of patience and just go through your apps the first sync and uncheck anything you don't want on your iPad, as suggested by huskermania? Take a few extra minutes, do it once, and never have to bother with it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.