Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Somehow I lost the earbuds from my new iPhone:(. Can anyone recommend something similarly priced that have decent sound?

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
It depends on "your test" in term of head phone. In-ear, earbud.

I am personally like Sennheiser. But JBL sound good too. Also, check out for in case ear buds too.

ppark

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
Chicago
Apparently the JVC gummy buds are nice. or the monoprice 8320
I do a lot of audio engineering for shows and concerts, and I absolutely love my gummys! A very great pair of in-ears for $20 that naturally block out noise, squishy earplug tips, and relatively good sound. Any headphones under $100 are going to be relatively similar in sound performance, so might as well save a lot of money. I use these as my headphones on commutes, working out, and everywhere dirty outside doing shows.

However I hear that there is currently a new mold of these now that are not as durable as the mold from last year. :(

yourmother

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Japan
I would also like to know some opinions. I absolutely hate in-ear headphones. The pressure of putting them in my ears make me feel like I'm swimming and sound isolation is not ideal for me as I use them for running and other activities.

I've owned Bose earphones and after having my 3rd pair run down in one year after normal usage I'm looking for a more durable and possibly cheaper pair.

I'm just looking for decent sound at a reasonable price.

xtalicious

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
I've had a few different earphones from Meelec and have been happy with all of them. To the poster that doesn't like the in-ear option, they do a have a few on-ear designs. I currently use the Sport S6, and the M6P (with mic) and they're great for sound quality. The Sport ones are extra durable, and come with all sorts of extras (armband, large hardshell case) which is great for the gym or running bag.

http://www.meelec.com/

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
If you want in-ear-canal, this is a good resource. An insane number of models compared, numerically rated on a number of criteria, and grouped in a wide range of price brackets. That's how I chose my MEElectronics M11P's (personal criteria: <$40, best isolation with good sound).

Regards,
Tom

Abfarris

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
I bought GoGroove DynaMix High Performance earbuds with mic and flat line no tangle cord on Amazon for $17 and have been very pleased. They come with different size in-ear peices. They are a bit heavier than most earbuds which I thought may be a problem but I have found that it is not a problem at all. Earbuds stay in place even when running. I would buy them again in a second as the quality and sound have been better than anything else I have found in the $20 range. I liked my marshmallows as well but still prefer these. I felt the marshmallows would dry out

jateelover

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
If you want wireless or bluetooth earbuds, I bought these off Amazon and they are great. I would say the sound is slightly better then the earpods, and the bass is quite a bit better. Battery seems to last about half a day of listening at work. The earpods hurt my ears, so these are much better...i put my sony earbud inserts on them and it helped even more. No one has complained about hearing me on calls either. There is another listing for the same product with a ton of good reviews, but this has prime and its a bit cheaper. Controls my iPad and iPhone fine

Pros
light
good sound
wireless
can take calls

Cons
Have to charge
Stock earbud inserts are not as good as sony's

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A44ABHO

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
Koss The Plug are great and cheaper than EarPods

EarPods are good for the price

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I am really impressed for the price with the Kinivo bth220 Bluetooth headset I got from amazon. Very comfortable and lightweight by the way.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd recommend Apple's EarPods too. I've actually given up my Bose ones to my wife for these (at her request) and haven't really minded at all. Now, granted, I'm not an audiophile by any means. So to me these work well and fit comfortably. No complaints.

yourmother

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Japan
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd recommend Apple's EarPods too. I've actually given up my Bose ones to my wife for these (at her request) and haven't really minded at all. Now, granted, I'm not an audiophile by any means. So to me these work well and fit comfortably. No complaints.

How would u compare the bass of the bose compared to the earpods? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.