Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi All, I have decided to keep my MBP 16" 2019 after 4 years of searching for a suitable laptop. Thank you all of you for your suggestions.

macjunk(ie)

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
Surprising given that there are fan issues with the 16. Our office upgraded us to the 16 and they all are worse off than the 15 they replaced in terms of fan noise. They are connected to two Dell Ultrasharps. I was pretty sure there was a forum that talked about this and lo and behold:

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I wanted to go back because I prefer macOS (continuity and handoff mainly) but Catalina is pure trash so I bailed.. Not sure if I'll ever bother with mac's again as Win10 is now the much better OS...

To each his own, but you appear to contradict yourself.

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
I'm glad you've finally picked a laptop at least.

I still really love using my MacBook Pro in spite of its problems. At the end of the day these are just tools to do whatever we need them to do (even if that's just goof around on the internet). None are perfect, all we can do is find the best product for ourselves. That's why the market has so much variety, there is no one size fits all.

Reactions: hajime

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Examples please....

You say Win10 is “the much better OS”, yet you “wanted to go back“ because you “prefer MacOS”.

(my) Logic would dictate that one should prefer the “much better OS”, or that one should use the OS they prefer even if it is not the ”much better OS” (whatever that means).

In any case, as I said, to each his own. It doesn’t make any difference either way.
i know what works for me and that is all I need to know.

Reactions: Donfor39 and c0ppo

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
You say Win10 is “the much better OS”, yet you “wanted to go back“ because you “prefer MacOS”.

(my) Logic would dictate that one should prefer the “much better OS”, or that one should use the OS they prefer even if it is not the ”much better OS” (whatever that means).

In any case, as I said, to each his own. It doesn’t make any difference either way.
i know what works for me and that is all I need to know.
You made an absurd claim so I am asking you to back it up.. I do prefer macOS for the reasons I stated but it's a disaster and win 10 is now the better and more stable OS...

So per forum rules please source your claim against me.. I'll wait right here for you to back the claim up. Should be easy to do via my previous posting history...

Reactions: Never mind

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
You made an absurd claim so I am asking you to back it up.. I do prefer macOS for the reasons I stated but it's a disaster and win 10 is now the better and more stable OS...

So per forum rules please source your claim against me.. I'll wait right here for you to back the claim up. Should be easy to do via my previous posting history...

Hey, it would seem we are having a semantic disagreement which is completely irrelevant to the substance of the matter that is being discussed.
For this reason let me just say that I apologise if what I have posted is bothering you in any way.
This is not my goal when I participate to these forums.

Reactions: macjunk(ie)

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Hey, it would seem we are having a semantic disagreement which is completely irrelevant to the substance of the matter that is being discussed.
For this reason let me just say that I apologise if what I have posted is bothering you in any way.
This is not my goal when I participate to these forums.
Don't worry. You did nothing wrong. You simply gave your opinion by stating that the poster "appears" to contradict himself. That is certainly not a "claim" so one can only wonder why it caused the poster to ask for a source for your "claim". Must be something bothering him or her.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
Don't worry. You did nothing wrong. You simply gave your opinion by stating that the poster "appears" to contradict himself. That is certainly not a "claim" so one can only wonder why it caused the poster to ask for a source for your "claim". Must be something bothering him or her.
Nothing bothering me at all.. I call out keyboard commandos who run around making claims they can't back up.

I shared MY opinion.... You know, what's done on an internet forum.

Anyways, I'll save the moderators the time of having to delete arguing type posts and move on.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Nothing bothering me at all.. I call out keyboard commandos who run around making claims they can't back up.

I shared MY opinion.... You know, what's done on an internet forum.

Anyways, I'll save the moderators the time of having to delete arguing type posts and move on.
Good idea.

• Haha
Reactions: burgman and raqball
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.