Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
really appreciate all the responses! It is a tough choice and the one thing that makes it harder is that I only want to wear one all day because I want the best health metrics as measured by only one device instead of flip flopping.
Hello? The day of the decision in the thread title was yesterday and I don’t see a “resolved“ status on this thread, so what gives? Let us know! Lol
Sooooo….. I miss calculated…. I looked at the apple website yesterday afternoon and it said eligible till the 10th… still mulling over it 😔 I’ll definitely resolve it!

alongdingdong

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2014
Garmin has some of the worst and buggy software out there, they are slow with fixing issues IF at all, i got bike computers from them and they are frustrating at time, crashing, buggy etc. Just look at their official forums its dreadful.

Can`t speak for their smartwatches, but at this price point i feel both the AW Ultra and Garmin watches are overpriced.

But that being said for running and considering the battery life and your needs the Garmin is the clear winner.

I ordered a AW Ultra because i use my bike computer to record my cycling, the AW is more of my daily health coach, making sure i close my rings, monitor my sleep and most importantly is standalone via cellular as i hate being connected to the internet/social media.

A dumbphone would have worked as well and way cheaper but the weaksause me likes futuristic gadgets especially wristwatch ones i blame my childhood cartoons for that.

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Hello? The day of the decision in the thread title was yesterday and I don’t see a “resolved“ status on this thread, so what gives? Let us know! Lol
so I decided to keep the ultra. It is sooooooooooo hard to take it back 1 with how awesome and customizable it is and 2 because I have become accustomed to the music and podcasts on it.

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
so I decided to keep the ultra. It is sooooooooooo hard to take it back 1 with how awesome and customizable it is and 2 because I have become accustomed to the music and podcasts on it.
Yay! (I have a Tactix Delta and an Epix Gen. 2. Both fabulous in their own way. But the Apple Watch Ultra is on my wrist now.)

Reactions: Fthree

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Yay! (I have a Tactix Delta and an Epix Gen. 2. Both fabulous in their own way. But the Apple Watch Ultra is on my wrist now.)
I love the TD! Such a BA looking watch! The epix looks nice as well.

torbjornhb

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
Really happy for you!😃
Congrats! I just returned mine, but miss it like ****. Probably getting one directly from Apple though, so it would be overkill to buy one extra for myself.

I'm sure you will be even more happy with it now that you've made a decision. Enjoy 🤗

Reactions: Fthree
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.