Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I thought in iOS13 we were supposed to finally get a feature that allows us to decline calls instead of just silencing them? I cant see how in today's times, iOS still does not have such a basic button on the screen that every other phone has?

Am I missing something? lol

Belazor

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013
When I received an obvious spam call the other day, I used the screen on/off button and the FaceTime call on my Mac said "Call declined".

It's possible they simply baked declining into that existing functionality, because who actually wanted to answer the call after they "silenced" it?

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
I thought with iOS 12, hitting the power button declines a call.

Edit: Just tested, and yes, if you hit the power button when there is an incoming call, it declines the call.

Steve28

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
I thought in iOS13 we were supposed to finally get a feature that allows us to decline calls instead of just silencing them? I cant see how in today's times, iOS still does not have such a basic button on the screen that every other phone has?

Am I missing something? lol
Double-click the sleep/wake button. That's always worked. First click silences, second click declines

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Maybe you are referring to the new Silence Unknown Callers option in iOS 13 in the Phone section in settings, it’s not on by default.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.