Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

combres

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
I installed win2k successfully on my macbook.

How do you change the default boot to OS X instead of Windows, right now you have to hold down option to get to the menu to choose, but if you boot up and forget to do that it goes to windows.

any ideas?

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
If you choose the Mac OS X partition as your startup disk, you should be able to boot to OS X by default.

I thought only Windows XP SP2 was supported on BootCamp?

BadRambo

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2006
ghall said:
If you choose the Mac OS X partition as your startup disk, you should be able to boot to OS X by default.

I thought only Windows XP SP2 was supported on BootCamp?
------
You can install 2K if you make up your own install package and fool the system. That is what he did....long story short ... :D

vv-tim

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2006
Uhhh... all you have to do is place a bootable Win2K cd in and install it...

"BootCamp" is simply the set of drivers and partition manager Apple uses. So the drives technically only support XP, but you can install whatever OS you want once you have the EFI update.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
ghall said:

Yeah, there's a preference pane in OS X that will allow you to choose your default startup OS. Select OS X and you should be good to go.

BadRambo

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2006
vv-tim said:
Uhhh... all you have to do is place a bootable Win2K cd in and install it...

"BootCamp" is simply the set of drivers and partition manager Apple uses. So the drives technically only support XP, but you can install whatever OS you want once you have the EFI update.
-------
You might want to review the links in this thread he did earlier. You will see there is a bit more to it than what you state....

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/226933/

Cheers --- :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.