Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andy002

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2022
I actually have a SE 2020, but it isn't in the list.

I've been online since 1994, have used too many email clients and web mail accounts to remember, so I shouldn't be having this problem. As far as phones, I had an Android, iPhone 6s, and my current SE 2020.

The default email is generally okay, but how do you actually delete an email, getting it OFF the phone permanently? Usually, elsewhere, when you delete an email it goes into a trash folder for a time limit you can set, then it is automatically deleted after that.

I cannot find any setting for that here, and "Deleting" an email just seems to shift it from folder to folder, or it deletes mail from the inbox also.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
What email program? What kind of email account? Please give us more information than that. You’ve given us nothing to go on.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
On iOS Mail app:
Go to your email Trash folder
Tap Edit on top right
Tap Select All on top left
Tap Delete on bottom right

Andy002

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2022
What email program? What kind of email account? Please give us more information than that. You’ve given us nothing to go on.
It's the email program that came with the SE 2020 phone. I don't know who makes it, Apple? It accesses my Gmail and Yahoo accounts.

Andy002

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2022
On iOS Mail app:
Go to your email Trash folder
Tap Edit on top right
Tap Select All on top left
Tap Delete on bottom right

That's how email clients have worked since I started using them in 1994, but I did that yesterday, and it wiped out my entire Inbox.

Andy002

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2022
That’s because you deleted the emails in the IN BOX.

Do the procedure I noted above but in the TRASH FOLDER
No I didn't. I trashed a few emails in my inbox. Then I went to the trash folder and deleted everything -- but it also wiped out everything in my inbox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.