Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
I find it so hard to find new Mac games. Steam has tenths of new games every week, including some for Mac, but they are usually pretty bad. Hard to separate the good from the mediocre.

And don't get me started with upcoming Mac games, which are impossible to find unless you scour Kickstarter pages and the like.

This is why this page is pretty useful, it has all the biggest new Mac games and important upcoming releases.

What is the game that has you the most excited right now? I have to go with Total War: Warhammer, which I hope Feral will finally release one of these days....

Reactions: Irishman

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I'd take it with a pince of salt. Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been slipping for a couple of years and while the console and Windows version may appear in 2017, there has been no sign of the promised macOS version.
Correct: Kingdom Come definitely won't be coming for Mac and Linux. The developers have cleverly avoided to provide any linkable statements regarding that issue, but it's very clear both versions won't happen.

In part to blame is Crytek, who were announcing Mac and Linux versions of the CryEngine for a at the time of KCD's Kickstarter campaign near future, but neither platform ever actually were supported. (More precisely, they did add Linux support, but it's effectively broken and unusable.)

The same is true for Homefront: Revolution, by the way.

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Correct: Kingdom Come definitely won't be coming for Mac and Linux. The developers have cleverly avoided to provide any linkable statements regarding that issue, but it's very clear both versions won't happen.

In part to blame is Crytek, who were announcing Mac and Linux versions of the CryEngine for a at the time of KCD's Kickstarter campaign near future, but neither platform ever actually were supported. (More precisely, they did add Linux support, but it's effectively broken and unusable.)

The same is true for Homefront: Revolution, by the way.

You're right about Homefront. Last I heard, they refuse to make a clear statement and simply say things like "Nothing to share at this moment in time."

A shame, not because of the game itself (it only got mediocre scores), but because of developers' changing hearts and simply dropping Mac versions without proper explanations.....

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
For those interested, the page is still alive and continues to see nice improvements.

My favorites new Mac games right now:
  • Total War: Warhammer 2
  • Cuphead
  • Return of the Obra Dinn

What else can a Mac user ask for! :)

F-Train

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2015
NYC & Newfoundland
For those interested, the page is still alive and continues to see nice improvements.

My favorites new Mac games right now:
  • Total War: Warhammer 2
  • Cuphead
  • Return of the Obra Dinn

What else can a Mac user ask for! :)

I'm not sure what to make of a site that doesn't have X-plane at least tied as top simulator, and doesn't even have an entry for 2018's Gris.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.