Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacemaker427

macrumors member
Original poster

I have several Apps that I do not wish to update. Some because I no longer have them installed (so why are they even listed?). Some are wanting to be updated beyond the version I currently have on my iPod and iPad. How do I remove them from the update list?

Last edited:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
You cannot if you are talking about iTunes (any app in iTunes will show available updates even if not installed on your device)

If you are talking about AppStore on your device, then try Update Hider for iOS5 - if jailbroken
If not jailbroken, you cannot remove them.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
You should only receive App update notifications for the apps you have installed on your device. I just tested this by deliberately removing one of the 18 apps on my phone that need to be updated and then the number changed to 17 immediately afterward.

Lacemaker427

macrumors member
Original poster
That was a superb idea! I reinstalled one of the Apps in question, then tried to delete it. Gone! Gone from my iPod; gone from the Update list! Just plain GONE! Yippee! Coffee time!

Now I'll try it on the other 2 persistent Apps.

After that, I would like to know how to remove Apps from the Update list but NOT the iPod, and without jail breaking! OK, impossible now, but I can dream, right?

Thank you!

jaydubb

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2016
Have you tried re-installing it then reboot, then removing it again.

I have 139 pending updates. Most of them are for items that I've decided I no longer want and deleted.

Surely Apple has come up with a solution to this by now!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have 139 pending updates. Most of them are for items that I've decided I no longer want and deleted.

Surely Apple has come up with a solution to this by now!
You have an available update listed for an app that isn't on your device?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.