Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macboy1986

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
Hello, so I downloaded the Minstaller for a LUT package and it decided to instal Python 3 in my core services. It keeps asking me to install developer tools at Startup. I have tracked the file to the core services folder and cannot delete it. Can anyone give me directions how I might? Even if it's a terminal command?

Running Big Sur with i7 and a Radeon Pro 580 8 GB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.23.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.23.06 AM.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 109

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
Hello, so I downloaded the Minstaller for a LUT package and it decided to instal Python 3 in my core services.
No, you installed something that wants Python3. On Catalina and later, Python 3.x is part of XCode/CLT, so you are getting prompted to install something that provides Python3. Remove what you installed (or remove the autolaunch for it, at least), and you will stop getting prompted to install Python3.

macboy1986

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
No, you installed something that wants Python3. On Catalina and later, Python 3.x is part of XCode/CLT, so you are getting prompted to install something that provides Python3. Remove what you installed (or remove the autolaunch for it, at least), and you will stop getting prompted to install Python3.
So just to make sure, installing Python won't be Malware or any such stuff right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.