Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DA23Gam

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2018
Gamlingay
iPad
Having decided to quit twitter I've deleted the app & deleted the twitter password/account in Settings - Passwords and also in Bitwarden.
Just to check I then re-installed the app and discovered that it automatically logs me in to twitter using my previous account.
I'm unable to deactivate my account in twitter because I no longer have the required password.
How do I stop the iPad from logging me into twitter?

DA23Gam

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2018
Gamlingay
Yes, I already did that.
Is the password/account stored in the iCloud? If so, how do I delete that?

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Is the password/account stored in the iCloud? If so, how do I delete that?
Yes, but you already checked that (Settings->Passwords).

You didn't use "Sign in with Apple", did you? Check Settings->Apple ID->Password & Security->Sign in with Apple and see if Twitter is listed there.

DA23Gam

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2018
Gamlingay
I've checked everywhere the password or a mention of twitter might be stored, even the cache (and rebooted). So far I've not found it.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
In the Twitter app, go to Settings and privacy -> Security and account access -> Connected accounts. Is there anything listed there?

ht5pilot

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
MS
How long did you wait after you deactivated your Twitter account to log back in? Normally you have to wait 30 days before your account has been officially deactivated.

DA23Gam

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2018
Gamlingay
It's now some 3 months since my original enquiry so I'm struggling to remember.
I've always been a little confused with 'Sign in with Apple'. For example, when I've attempted to unsubscribe from some apps/services or to change my log in password they require me enter my original or log in password, but of course I don't have one! If I go to Settings/Apple ID/Password & Security/Sign in with Apple/Apps using Apple ID: I can delete the App from the list. However, I'm unable to go to the App itself and delete my account or change my password because it requires my non-existent password!
Now, I'm not so much complaining about 'Sign in with Apple' because it does add a layer of security, it's just that, in some instances it does confuse me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.