Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
So I got a notification about Unknown AirTag following me. I don’t have or use AirTags so I was concerned.

After trying to find it, I realized it was my neighbor’s AirTag because I couldn’t find it locally. After confirming it was his AirTag I wanted to remove it from the Items menu in FindMy. Problem is there’s nothing I found to delete it… just an ignore notifications from it.

Is there some way to remove it? I checked under Settings,my name,FindMy but nothing is there.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
you could disable find my, but this affects your ability to find your own devices

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
It's not associated with anything, but the proximity is alerting you as part of the anti-stalking feature.
Yes I know. My neighbor confirmed it was his but because he was in my vehicle it came up as unknown on my iPhone. Once you resolve the issue you should be able to remove it from FindMy

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Yes I know. My neighbor confirmed it was his but because he was in my vehicle it came up as unknown on my iPhone. Once you resolve the issue you should be able to remove it from FindMy
I kind of agree that you should be able to ignore a specific AirTag if you choose to, but the fact is Airtags broadcast an anonymized/randomized ID so they cant be passively tracked by third parties. Because of this, you cannot just ignore a specific airtag that does not belong to you. This would be a nice feature that Apple could implement.

Reactions: whsbuss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.