Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johny979

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
Spain
I delete my administrator User in Capitan and create new one. Everything fine

But when I restart macbook, starts with my "delete user". I enter the password, the OS X starts charging, but stops, and appears the new user and option to enter password

How can I delete completely the user? I delete in System Preferences the user, but I don´t know why when I start the OS give me the option to starts with this delete user

johny979

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
Spain
In system preferences/Users, I select the user, and with the simbol - delete
There's some advise, I accept and delete

I read forums and explain that's the common way

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The method you used is correct, should work and shouldn't lead to what you're experiencing.

Try this...set up "Automatic login" for your new user account. Restart to see if the Automatic login works. If that is successful, turn off Automatic login and see what happens.

johny979

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
Spain
How can I set up Automatic login?
The option appears impossible to change

johny979

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
Spain
I click in the lock

I think I found the reason
I read in a forum I need deactivated Filevault, I do and now works. Restart and
only my user appears

Is neccesary activate this option? I don´t know for what´s that option

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
The reason is that when you enabled FireVault you did so with the, now, deleted user.

It required that deleted users password to unlock the HDD before allowing you to logon with your newly created user.

There would have been an option to configure another user to unlock FireVault instead of disabling it. It's safe to enable again and would recommend doing it, it's drive encryption by the way.

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.