Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Missykos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
Several of my iPhone 4S apps that were previously deleted will not reload. I've tried all the tricks, buying again & such, but the app shows up with a blank greyed out button where the "install" or "buy" would be! Peapod, Shazam etc. not outdated apps & they work on other device such as iPad. Though they were purchased on the iPhone 3g they were not specific to device previously & they work on the other phones we have:confused:.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 183

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Have you completely closed out and reopened the app store?

Have you tried rebooting this phone?

A hard reboot, by holding the home and power button, until you see the Apple logo?

If that doesn't work, you may need to restore.

Missykos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
Yes, I've done all of those things. Even restored completely.

Have you completely closed out and reopened the app store?

Have you tried rebooting this phone?

A hard reboot, by holding the home and power button, until you see the Apple logo?

If that doesn't work, you may need to restore.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Yes, I've done all of those things. Even restored completely.

When you restored, did you restore from backup or as new?

If it was from a backup, I'm thinking you may need to try it as a new phone and see if that helps.

Missykos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
Deleted apps not reloadable

When you restored, did you restore from backup or as new?

If it was from a backup, I'm thinking you may need to try it as a new phone and see if that helps.

I thought I did restore from new, but it didn't take out the apps or anything. I'll try it again.

gtelware

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2013
If you are not able to reload your previous app, then you have to go to the app store.

Liebo

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
I've seen this before. If you force close the App Store by double clicking the home button to get the task list and then press and hold the App Store icon to get the delete symbol.

Once reloaded, the App Store is usually OK for me.

This was on iOS 6. Not noticed it on iOS 7 though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.