Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
How long do they stay in purchased history available to redownload ? I am scared it will be removed totally one day.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
From what I know:
If the app is removed from the App Store by Apple, it will not show up in your purchased history.
Otherwise, even if the app is no longer available, it has been removed by the developer, it should still show up in your purchased history.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
From what I know:
If the app is removed from the App Store by Apple, it will not show up in your purchased history.
Otherwise, even if the app is no longer available, it has been removed by the developer, it should still show up in your purchased history.

Thank good to know!

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
If you fear an app or features of it could be removed in the future, you can use Apple Configurator on the Mac to update/install the app on your iOS device (via USB).
This way you can save/backup the actual application file (.ipa).
It can later be copied/installed on your iOS devices even if the app has been removed from the App Store by Apple or the developer.
The (temporary) location of the downloaded .ipa files is:
~/Library/Group Containers/***.group.com.apple.configurator/Library/Caches/Assets/TemporaryItems/MobileApps

Last edited:

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
If the app is no longer available in the App Store, you will still see it in your purchase history provided that you downloaded it before it was removed from the App Store... You may still be able to download it if you wish to but that will be it, no updates whatsoever, unless it gets reinstated/reintroduced in the App Store...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.