Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hallaisen

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2006
I just reset safari on one of my macs, and deleted the keychain..didnt think about the fact that it would sync to mobileme, and that mobileme then would try to delete the keychains of my others macs as well..fortunately I got the warning message that a certain % of information will be deleted on my mac, so i managed to stop it, but now I cant figure out how to get the keychain info back onto mobileme so it stops trying to delete them off my other macs...anyone know how to do this?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I just reset safari on one of my macs, and deleted the keychain..didnt think about the fact that it would sync to mobileme, and that mobileme then would try to delete the keychains of my others macs as well..fortunately I got the warning message that a certain % of information will be deleted on my mac, so i managed to stop it, but now I cant figure out how to get the keychain info back onto mobileme so it stops trying to delete them off my other macs...anyone know how to do this?

Go to MM on the Mac that still has the keychain and in the MM settings under advanced tell it to reset data. Then tell it to replace MM (cloud) data with data from your computer. Then to the computer with the missing keychain and do the same thing except tell MM to replace data on the computer with data from MobileMe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.