Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aksoy80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Turkey
Hi,
I had 2 backups in time machine, but for some reason I needed to delete the backups from the USB disk. Now what will happen when I run a new backup job? WIll those backups re-created by time machine app? Or do I have to delete old backups from my computer using time machine app? Or anything else?
Regards.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
If I understand what you are saying... you deleted everything from the USB disk and just want to start over? Just turn Time Machine off then turn it back on and select the USB drive as the backup destination and Time Machine will do the rest. It will create an entirely new backup on the drive with all your data. Nothing else needs to be done.

Reactions: 997440 and aksoy80

aksoy80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Turkey
If I understand what you are saying... you deleted everything from the USB disk and just want to start over? Just turn Time Machine off then turn it back on and select the USB drive as the backup destination and Time Machine will do the rest. It will create an entirely new backup on the drive with all your data. Nothing else needs to be done.
exactly what I was looking for.
thanks

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.