Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 18, 2019
Hello.

How to delete photos on my Macbook without touching `em on the iCloud?
When I delete photos from device I still have them on my Photos.Google but I wan`t to use iCloud and whenever I delete something from iPad, Macbook and iPhone it deletes the file in the cloud.
Can I set the app to work like photos.google with terminal on Mac? I use iOS since version 3 and I know there isn`t any option there.

Super Spartan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2018
Dubai
Hello.

How to delete photos on my Macbook without touching `em on the iCloud?
When I delete photos from device I still have them on my Photos.Google but I wan`t to use iCloud and whenever I delete something from iPad, Macbook and iPhone it deletes the file in the cloud.
Can I set the app to work like photos.google with terminal on Mac? I use iOS since version 3 and I know there isn`t any option there.
Why not open the Photos app on your MacBook, then go to Preferences, then uncheck cloud syncing, that way when you delete them on your MacBook, they wouldn't be touched on your other iOS Devices and would just be stored locally on your MacBook?

2019-10-28_13-31-44.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.