Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Odd issue...

If I delete the birthday info from a contact on icloud.com it does not remove it from the subscribed birthdays on the calendar. The update will show up on my iPhone and Mac, with the change being reflected in the Calendar app on the phone and in iCal, but on the web side it never updates. I've tried removing and re-adding the Birthday calendar, but so far no go. Same also if I delete the actual contact.

Anybody else run into this and found a solution?

Last edited:

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Something different but related.... I've noticed that completed reminders did not update to iCloud or iCal. It may just be an iCloud issue recently b/c it worked before.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010

FYI...I got fed up with the issue. Used Express Lane to speak to a guy on support and he was stumped. Had to escalate it to an engineer. Very friendly guy though...typical great customer service from Apple.

I'll let you know what, if anything, they come up with.

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
FYI...I got fed up with the issue. Used Express Lane to speak to a guy on support and he was stumped. Had to escalate it to an engineer. Very friendly guy though...typical great customer service from Apple.

I'll let you know what, if anything, they come up with.

I'd appreciate that. Hopefully they figure it out.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I'd appreciate that. Hopefully they figure it out.

Support had to get engineering involved. They had to go in on the back end and clear out the calendar. That fixed it.

All I have to do now is restore my calendars from a backup and I'll be all set.

Setup an express lane ticket and I don't see why they couldnt do the same for you. Took a little time, but the dedicated support rep kept me up to date on the status of is the issue pretty much daily. Typical good Apple service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.