Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheddar-caveman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
I have HUNDREDS of unwanted contacts on my iPhone. Is there a quick way to delete the majority of them please?
At the moment the only way I have found is to select the contact, go into Edit and scroll all the way down to come to "Delete Contact".

There must be a quicker way. Also, it seems that every email I look at on my MBP appears in the contacts as well, a complete pain!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have HUNDREDS of unwanted contacts on my iPhone. Is there a quick way to delete the majority of them please?
At the moment the only way I have found is to select the contact, go into Edit and scroll all the way down to come to "Delete Contact".

There must be a quicker way. Also, it seems that every email I look at on my MBP appears in the contacts as well, a complete pain!
I haven't really looked into any particular ones, but it's possible that some third party contact management apps might be able to help with that.

Also, if these contacts are let's say iCloud contacts (or come from another account, like Google) it should be possible to manage them via their web interface in a browser on a computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.