Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToverT

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2015
La Habra, California
How do I delete iMessages off of my watch. I have deleted them off of my iPhone and off my MacAir, but they continue to show on my watch. Force pressing on the message does not produce a delete icon???

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

joshcls

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Panama City, FL
How do I delete iMessages off of my watch. I have deleted them off of my iPhone and off my MacAir, but they continue to show on my watch. Force pressing on the message does not produce a delete icon???

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Swipe left on the conversation and click delete

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
pretty sad thought that they aren't all synced. I really don't understand why that isn't possible

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I really hate the Apple Watch message delete animation. I swipe it away then press delete. Visually it should be gone for good. BUT it comes back for the confirm delete screen :mad: I really hate that.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
well

If you delete something on your iPad or iMac it doesn't delete in your iPhone either

well, it does and it doesn't.. for any IMAP type of mail client and mail setup, once you delete something on one device, and trash it, it gets deleted on the server, and other devices when they sync it's gone.

It doesn't seem like the AW is setup that way though, although it should just work like the phone does.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
well, it does and it doesn't.. for any IMAP type of mail client and mail setup, once you delete something on one device, and trash it, it gets deleted on the server, and other devices when they sync it's gone.

It doesn't seem like the AW is setup that way though, although it should just work like the phone does.

We're talking about iMessages. Not email.

PAdams2359

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2015
Louisiana
I guess I am the only one that likes this feature. I get messages dealing with work, etc. I don't like keeping things in inboxes, on devices. If I am off, I can scan through it, see it is not a priority, and delete it to view when I get back to work. Email in the Blackberry world use to work like this, and I liked it. Now, if you delete an email from your phone, it is also gone in Outlook.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
I guess I am the only one that likes this feature. I get messages dealing with work, etc. I don't like keeping things in inboxes, on devices. If I am off, I can scan through it, see it is not a priority, and delete it to view when I get back to work. Email in the Blackberry world use to work like this, and I liked it. Now, if you delete an email from your phone, it is also gone in Outlook.

I am with you -- each of my devices I use for different purposes, and I delete the unwanted messages from them each according to different rules. My phone holds everything for reference, I would hate it if I had to see everything on all devices just to have one master copy on my phone...

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010

I see your point, but I would like the option of both worlds and have the ability to sync my deletes too.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
pretty sad thought that they aren't all synced. I really don't understand why that isn't possible
I'm actually glad they're not synced like that. I don't delete any of my text messages (still have them accumulated from 3-4 phones back) as sometimes it's interesting to go back and read them. However, they do take up space. Space which is rather limited on the watch, and I have no desire to have every single text message on my watch. I like that I can delete them from the watch, but they're still in my "main" location (my phone).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.