Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwistedMonster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Do you think that a program like delicious library can create a web widget that would use the iphone camera feature. I'm talking about bar code scanning, and fetching information about the book, movie, or game over wifi or edge?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Do you think that a program like delicious library can create a web widget that would use the iphone camera feature. I'm talking about bar code scanning, and fetching information about the book, movie, or game over wifi or edge?

I think there is a lot of promise for an app like this. I'd love to have it be able to talk to my home library also. That way if I don't remember if I have a book/video at home, I could scan one at a store and avoid having duplicates. Sounds pretty cool.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
Not sure what the use would be....DL just gets it's info from Amazon anyway. Might as well just browse to Amazon.com for the info. DL is mainly for managing you collection...so I can't see much mobile use for it (other that the already existing ability to put a list of your collection on your iPod).

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
sounds good in theory....but I just don't know how feasible it really is.

Then again, I wouldn't have said 2 years ago that we would already have a full screen multi-touch display ipod/phone/browser.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I could see some really interesting "widgets" that could use it. For instance, if you could swipe a UPC at a store and get an automatic pull-up of pricing from Google Products or MySimon or the like, in a way that relatively quickly let you know whether the store deal was a good one or not, that would be very interesting. Also if you could do something like swipe a book, movie, or music CD and get a review or get your phone to play preview snippets from iTunes or Amazon. Or for that matter, help you order the product online or buy the songs from iTunes or whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.