Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Well, tomorrow I am going to drop on a new LCD. I've been looking at the 2405 for a while now and I know the 2407 is on it's way, but I'm not too concerned about HDCP (unless you all know something i don't) and I need it now. I will wait until tomorrow because it would be stupid not to wait until Apple was done with the keynote (even with the %.01 chance that they would update their display line).

I have tracked it down for $880, but I know I have seen it for $100 less in the past. I'm asking if anyone knows of a better deal or has any other words of wisdom or recommendations before I pull the trigger tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

KREX725

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2003
Have you checked http://www.dealmac.com to make sure there aren't any extra coupon codes, etc. to make it any cheaper? Sometimes they find some wicked coupon combos that really bring down the price.

Enjoy the new monitor!

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2005
KREX725 said:
Have you checked http://www.dealmac.com to make sure there aren't any extra coupon codes, etc. to make it any cheaper? Sometimes they find some wicked coupon combos that really bring down the price.

Enjoy the new monitor!
Yeah, I have both the dealmac and techbargains feeds coming into safari, so I'm pretty up to date on that.

Maybe I'll have to stick with $880.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
tuartboy said:
Maybe I'll have to stick with $880.
That's pretty good for a 24"er! I can't afford that right now, but I'm seriously thinking about Dell's 20" widescreen LCD for ~$450 direct. I'm not a fan of Dell's computers, but their LCDs seem to be pretty solid and good deals. And, I'll be going to MacWorld Expo on Wednesday, hoping that ATI has a show special on the Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition card.

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
HDCP...Is that that new input with audio and video? Or is it that thing that Vista needs? I just got a 2405fpw and it's really amazing. Yet I hope that it won't become obsoleate.

ericssonboi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
I have read that ppl have been able to get better deals when they phone in and call a rep. It may very from rep to rep depending on how desperate they are for a sale... but usually they can let it go for cheaper than the price on the website.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
G5Unit said:
HDCP...Is that that new input with audio and video? Or is it that thing that Vista needs? I just got a 2405fpw and it's really amazing. Yet I hope that it won't become obsoleate.
HDCP is not a connector, it is copy protection for digital signal streams (over DVI or HDMI connections, usually). This could suck as it means content that is flagged as not playable will be unwatchable on that monitor through that connection (a tv show that you recorded might have this under certain circumstances, for instance).

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2005
ChrisFromCanada said:
Absolutely call a rep and try to bargan them down, they work on comission. I just got the 2405 for $28 less than the sale price here in Canada $950 CAD ($812 US) which is pretty good here.
sounds like a decent idea. I'll probably give it a shot.

thanks for the input guys.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2005

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 46
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.