Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clockwerk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2023
So I'm planning on buying a 4k monitor for programming and general University use and the Dell S2722QC is on sale and with the student discount, is around $AUD70 cheaper than the LG 27UP850N-W which is also on sale. The problem is there's a lot of discussions on the Internet that says that it doesn't play nice with M1 Macs due to flickering issues, there is a reddit thread saying that apparently Apple and Dell knew about the problem and is apparently fixed on Sonoma 14.5, which 2 people have confirmed that it's not a perfect fix but it reduced the flickering a lot when they used the 14.5 beta.

Can anyone else confirm? Should I just go with the LG monitor instead and save myself the headache of having my screen flicker?

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Should I just go with the LG monitor instead and save myself the headache of having my screen flicker?
I would. You are rolling the dice whether Apple "fixes" anything related to 3rd party peripherals / displays in a timely manner. Buy something you know works.... at least until the next macOS update :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.