Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris_99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2023
Hi there!

recently purchased a new monitor for my MacBook Pro . so far I am happy with it . It's a dell U2723QE .

My question is.. are there any colour profiles online for download? first to match MacBook Pro 14 inch display. and also for office work? to reduce eyestrain?

and what settings do you recommend for the monitor? colour brightness? contrast ...and so on. what resolution do you guys prefer?

I am using an OCW thunderbolt 4 cable to connect my Mac to the monitor. I attached an screenshot does everything look as it should? Or are there any improvements I can do? I updated the firmware already.

Thank. you so much !!

Chris

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I updated the firmware already."

I have the same display.
What did you use to update the firmware?
This can be done on the Mac (without resorting to windows?)?
Please elaborate.

Re the setup and color profiles, etc.
I used an older profile on an earlier display (Viewsonic), and it works well enough for me.
However, you might try each of the pre-configured ones, to see if one or two are most pleasing.

There is no setting that is [probably] "right" for everyone.
You have to experiment and find what works for you.

But again, wondering how the firmware gets updated.

Reactions: Chris_99

Chris_99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2023
Hi there on the website

there is the new firmware update from feb 2024....It can be done via Mac very easy. just download the file to your Mac and there is readme file that gives you exact instructions!

Firmware Update Instruction. that how the file is named. please read this carefully and follow the instructions as stated there because otherwise you could damage your display. you need to unplug all cables and so on....but everything is described there just follow the instructions and it can be easily done on your Mac. takes around 20 mins.

good luck

Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.