Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nimble Cat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
I'm 18 and have no credit history so I won't pass AT&T's credit check. How much will the deposit be if I want to get the iPhone? The pay-as-you-go plans posted seem like they would cost a lot more money to go with in the long run.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
There is no way to know the exact amount, I think its based on credit. You can go to an ATT store for a pre-activation credit approval.

AaronHeth

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
I'll be 19 in a few days and didn't think I'd get by without putting a few hundred down. However, I passed completely--no deposit whatsoever. So get the check, you never know. I don't know exactly what helped me but I have a few jobs now, a few bank accounts, and a few college loans out in my name. I really didn't think the credit check was as scary as people were saying.

CReynolds

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Boulder, CO
I have no credit history (not bad credit, but the default Fair Isaac score for those who have no credit entries) and AT&T wanted a $500 deposit. This deposit will be returned to you after 12 on-time payments, so about a year into the contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.