Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
So many posts saying "I hope this fixes the WiFi bug" and "What about the keyboard issue," etc. Sorry, we don't know what you're talking about.

We all want to read, to learn, and maybe to help, but you gotta help us out here. Describe what you're talking about, and the discussion will get better and you may get better answers. It'll also help seeing if it's your issue or a widespread bug.

Thanks.

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Here's my thought about this (and I agree with you by the way): Not everyone knows what "the WiFi bug" is, or what "the charging issue" is, the list goes on and on. It's why there are so many threads I can't contribute to, because I have no clue what is being discussed.

People should stop using obscure language and jargon unless they are absolutely certain of either of two things:
  1. It fits in the context (I can't think of an example, but I'm sure they're out there)
  2. Everyone else understands it - for example, they're in a software development Discord server, or another online community specifically for that jargon to be used.
Otherwise, there's really no reason to do that. Nor is there a reason to make extremely vague and complicated processes to handle simple things.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
People communicate in many different ways, and what feels clear to them, may not be to you. Also they may have difficult describing the problem and can only use imprecise language, and its only during the analysis phase with someone knowledgeable can the issue be uncovered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.